Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Field Camp in BMT~

During the days in my field camp, rain & storms keep coming.
How we wish it was the days when it was not outfield so we can skip the activity but sadly, it only happen during our out field.
A place where the it turns completely darkness after 7pm & only able to get some sunlight after 7am.

We were given ration food & biscuit to survive in the days outfield.It was lucky that my first pack was the nicest food , if i not wrong it was something like Lor ma kai, then followed by all those ration pack that is like shit.I ended up just eating biscuit for all my meals.(Miss the food in Cook house)

We will need to build our bersha tent with 3 bersha pole combined together each side (front & rear), 6 pins to hold one ground sheet in the air for shelter, another ground sheet on the ground as to land our items & sleep on.After setting up the tent, we will need to dig holes at the parameter of the tent, it is used to act as a drainage for the rain not to go into our ground sheet & was advised to put SAF powder all around the tent before we sleep, to keep insects to come inside the tent.
It was amazing while i was putting the powder all around me, i saw an ant U-turn back when it saw the powder.So this  prove that the powder really can keep the insects away while we are sleeping.

Regret not digging the hole well enough and it got my whole bersha tent flooded while the it rains, my buddy & me was not able to sleep in the tent, only keep not to keep ourself wet is to rest our butt on our helmet, preventing our underwear to be wet as well.
Day1 - rain in the afternoon
Day2 - rain in the early morning 3am
Day3 - Strongest rain from 12am - 4am plus
Day 3 was the day where we dig our shell scrip, we need to sleep inside it.But i was not able to sleep inside because I did not manage to dig it well enough to hide myself inside.Then because we are divided into different areas, we request to sleep altogether outside the "hole", it was nice that during field camp, the person which i dislike the most because of him being too straight forward that his words will hurt people sometimes when he speak, he become someone who i can talk to, play with.
At first he said that his parents were strict, so I predicted that his character can't go far because he is not allow to hang out with his friends much, he have to be at home before 7pm? WTF?
But my predicted was wrong, he is a tough & smart guy.
Felt sad for those type of people, he got the potential to go to command school but because of his girlfriend, he did not want to commit that much.Felt that a lot of people who are really a leaders, got potential to do things were not able to do so because of something that pull them back from doing it.
Sigh~
How i wish i was born to be one of the leaders as well. We chit chatted awhile & we rest during the night before the biggest rain ever comes.We stopped our conversation & rest at 10pm plus.
Then around 12am plus while sleeping, suddenly felt something drop onto me!
It was a rain & when i opened my eyes it is already very heavily ~
We woke up & we faster pack our stuff back to our bersha tent. We shiver like hell, our whole body was wet, carry our field bag, ILBV, riffle , guards ~ run back to our bersha tent that was so far away like 200m away.
It was the night when i starts to miss my home, where a place we did not worry much about rain no matter how heavy the rain is, we do not worry about our drain or our land because it is all built so nicely that we will be hardly be flooded in our house.Suddenly I think of what my mum told me, " One does not need to be rich, does not need to have anythings, what a person must have, is a HOME, a place that can provide you with shelter.", then I started to know how impact is this line matters to me now~
I though of going through all these shit together with my girlfriend, i feel that what i have go through was a very good experience for me, i miss her, i miss my families, i miss my home.
How i wish she was there for me when the heavy rain comes, i though of her ~
I dreamed about her being by my side when i was sleeping during day 1~
I couldn't know whats in my mind but i guess this is enough to prove myself that i really miss her~
After 3 days at the field camp site, we match with our feet so wet that it hurt while we walk all the way to our situation test site to carry on our 2 sit test the next two days.It rained again.....
But luckily the land my buddy & I having now, doesn't flood.
Saw fireflies while it rains, it is so beautiful...
Never ever though that i could see it anymore after leaving the house at Malaysia, I remember i saw it once at my Malaysia house when I off the light & it flying in the room while i was lying down getting ready to sleep, my sisters & I was admiring the firefly flying around our ceiling ( So young that i forget how old already) .

Days in the jungle, we are only allowed to bath with powder & this things called "pre-soap sponge", never will i use it if I never went to BMT, it is a sponge that already contain soap inside, what you need to do is that you just need to apply water into the sponge & you can use it to rub all over your body like you are bathing with a soap.Re-apply water, use it until there is totally no soap anymore in the sponge & you doesn't need to wash away those foam, leave it there & let it dry automatically & you will feel fresh again.
Powder bath was keep spamming the SAF powder onto your whole body to make your body more fresh too. I apply both of this method to survive throughout the whole nights in the jungle.

Almost forget, there will also have this moment whereby your commanders will come, say somethings make you reflect & think what you are doing in army.Making the atmosphere very emotional, then they give you back the letters that your parent wrote for you, people who are there to support you, people who always concern about you, people who are just there for you no matter what, opening up all the letter with those small little supportive words that they wrote for you.... it is really motivating to keep you going , you will feel touched & tears for their present with you all the way since young till now....
It was first time my mum wrote a letter for me... i really felt touched by the words she wrote inside to support to me, saying that I am a good son & etc....
I really appreciated her, grateful to have a mum like her who is always there for me regardless of sad,happy & what so ever..... =,)
(Tears drop again while typing this paragraph)

I like the outfield & I really thanks for the rain that created such wonderful moments in my life..... make me understand how much i must really appreciate all the things that I have now...
It was really a good experience for me which will never wanted to do it again next time...
I guess i might have a serious eyes injured by now if i never wore a glasses, my glasses helped me to block some shits that flew into my eyes while my buddy was firing..(Guess it was the mud that struck inside the blink attachment, then when it fire , the air pressure make the mud fly out the blink attachment, then to my eyes)
Now it got a small cracked at the right side~ but i thankful for the crack rather than the injured on my eyes.

Lastly, it was my 6th month anniversary with my girlfriend & it was first time that she sent the congratulation to me first before me~
Happy 6th month my girl ~
Thank you for your present in my life ~ :)
I Love You ~ <3

No comments:

Post a Comment